Friday, December 20, 2013

JustineJ

                For my project, I watched a movie called ‘Skin’. It is loosely based on a true story but much of the film focuses on apartheid. A young girl, Sandra, has a rare condition called atavism which is a genetic trait that causes you to “go back” down your family line. She had African ancestors, yet both of her parents are white. As she grows up, she attends a boarding school with her brother who does not have the same condition. She is discriminated against there because she is ‘different’. There is more to the story, a ‘love, side which is irrelevant to apartheid. I really enjoyed this film and would recommend it to Romeo and Juliet lovers or anyone interested in the segregation times we had in America for this film is quite similar to. 

2 comments:

  1. I loved the way that it was worded. Great use of punctuation and great use of explaining. It seem well thought out and it seems to be factional which is good because I like to have information and background on things I need. Seems over the amount that it should've been. This is great and I loved the way you went deep into detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that was amazing. I really got sense for what the film was about. It sounds like this girl had a hard time going through life and its really weird how she got that disease, I had never even heard of it before. I think I would actually want to watch this movie because it seems very entertaining and interesting story to learn about. I feel bad for her because she was even white too, just had that disease during that time period so she was mistreated.

    ReplyDelete